Sunday, March 9, 2008

PROPOSAL

We're engaged! Jon took me to Lichtenstein Castle Sunday after church. It was the perfect proposal. I had no idea it was coming. Most of our plans for my trip out to Germany had fallen through, thanks to the army. We had been planning day by day as things kept changing. Sunday morning Jon said he wanted to go to a castle after church. I actually tried to talk him out of it, stating that there was a lot of work that still needed to be done before he was going to be ready to leave. It took very little convincing before I agreed to the castle trip. We left directly from church. We arrived in time to walk around the grounds, take pictures, and get in the last tour. Following the tour, everybody left and we were alone on the castle grounds. We still had 15 minutes before they closed, so we continued to walk around. We stopped at a lookout right next to the castle and Jon asked me to marry him. My response to the proposal was, "Are you sure?" Yes, I was caught completely off guard. He pulled out a ring box he had made for my ring, pulled out the ring, dropped to one knee and asked again. Apparently I had forgotten to answer the question the first time. I said yes and then he pulled out my diamond, which was in a similar "box" that he had made for me.


No comments: